September 18th is National Cheeseburger Day. Many restaurants offer specials and deals to celebrate this most special day of the year. Here are all the ones we’re currently aware of, as well as ones from years gone by.
National Cheeseburger Day 2022
Here are all the deals we know of for this year, please note many are available only for loyalty rewards members of the brand, using their app or website, be sure to check each brand carefully for terms.
- 7-Eleven – loyalty members can receive a Cheeseburger for $2
- Applebee’s – online only deal. Any Handcrafted Burger with classic Fries and Applebee’s exclusive Berry Bash for $10.99
- Burger King- loyalty members can receive a free cheeseburger with any $1 purchase
- Carl’s Jr.’s – loyalty member receive a Free Famous Star or Western Bacon Cheeseburger with any purchase
- Dairy Queen – $1 off any of the Signature Stackburgers
- Dickey’s – Big Deal Burger Single with cheese for $5.00, September 17th – 18th
- Hardee’s – loyalty member receive a Free Famous Star or Western Bacon Cheeseburger with any purchase
- Jack in the Box – Jumbo Jack Cheeseburger for $2 with any purchase
- McDonald’s – free Double Cheeseburger with a $1 purchase
- Mooyah Burgers – $5 MDC Burger with any $5 or more purchase
- Smashburger – BOGO free with promo code BOGO22
- Habit Burger – buy one Charburger with cheese and get a second 50 percent off
- Wendy’s – Free Dave’s Single with purchase
National Cheeseburger Day stats
America loves its burgers, but there is a debate over how we like them and where we should put our cheese. RTA Outdoor Living released the results of a study that reveal what Americans really feel about burgers, hot dogs, BBQing, pizza and more. The survey of over 1,000 people from coast to coast revealed the following info:
– In a cheeseburger, 15% of respondents feel the cheese should go UNDER the burger! Really?!
o Almost 19% of men want the cheese under the burger
– The best level of “doneness” for a burger is medium, with 40% of respondents agreeing
o More men (43.1%) than women (36.8%) were into medium doneness while more women (23.2%) than men (11.6%) wanted well-done burgers
– “Drumsticks” are the clear favorite amongst wing eaters, far ahead of “flats”
o Drumsticks are the winner with 2 in 3 respondents preferring them
– Boneless wings are more popular than bone-in wings
o Despite a clear love for drumsticks, 63.4% of respondents chose boneless over bone-in wings
– 57% of respondents say hot dogs are sandwiches
o A higher number of boomers (63.5%) say so than Gen Z (50%)
o 60% of men think a hot dog is a sandwich, while 52% of women agree
– 56.7% of respondents say grilling is the best method to prepare a hot dog
o Surprisingly, 12.6% think it is microwaving is the best way
o Grilling is 10% more popular with females (62.5%) than males (52.2%)
o 27% of those ages 18-23 feel that boiling is the best method
– 10% of Americans think that squares are the best way to cut a pizza
o While 90% agree that the traditional triangle is the best way to get a slice, 10% do like the squares
– 47.5% of respondents put pineapple on their pizza, meaning just 52.5% of pizzas are safe from certain doom
o 60% of those 18-23 will not put pineapple on their pizza
– 18% of Americans eat pizza with a fork and knife
– 3 in 4 prefer the crispiness of edge brownies while 24% want 100% gooiness of the center brownies. Good thing there are 4 edges and 1 center per tray
The full survey can be seen at: rtaoutdoorliving.com/food-debates-controversial-foods/
National Cheeseburger Day 2021
On the big day itself offering a $9.99 burger/fries/drink special via app or website.
Grab a free Charburger with cheese when you spend $20 or more on September 17th or 18th
Via their app the Golden Arches will be offering 50 cent Double Cheeseburger on September 18th.
The chain debuted the new Bacon Cheddar Cheesy for 2021 – this new sandwich is available through many of the brands channels include ghost kitchens.
September 13 – September 19, offering a buy one get one 50% off deal for rewards members.
Five dollar Classic Smash Double Burger for $5 on September 18th
Get a free Premium Cheeseburger when you buy a Premium Cheeseburger through the Wendy’s app, through till September 19th.