Time was, bacon was THE trendy food items on menus up and down the land. These days its been supplanted by chicken, and fried and spicy sandwiches; but this month IHOP are getting back on the bacon bandwagon with their all new SteakHouse Premium Bacon.
The new deluxe bacon is an especially thick cut of crispy pork which the brand reckon is five times thicker than IHOP’s regular bacon. The bacon is crispy fried and served with a maple glaze.
The new bacon is a time limited special and features on a range of dishes – everything rom breakfast platters to even Maple Bacon milkshakes! Here are all the new menu items featuring the thick sliced bacon – notes from IHOP’s press release:
- Steakhouse Premium Bacon BreakFEAST: Two slices of tender, juicy hickory-smoked steakhouse premium bacon finished with a slightly sweet maple glaze. Served with golden hash browns, two eggs your way and two fluffy buttermilk pancakes, $12.59
- Steakhouse Premium Bacon Burger: A slice of tender, juicy hickory-smoked steakhouse premium bacon finished with a slightly sweet maple glaze atop our all-natural, Black Angus Steakburger with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and our signature IHOP Sauce. Served with a side of French fries, onion rings or two buttermilk pancakes, $11.99
- Steakhouse BLT: Two slices of tender, juicy hickory-smoked steakhouse premium bacon finished with a slightly sweet maple glaze atop lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and our signature IHOP® Sauce. Served with a side of French fries, onion rings or two buttermilk pancakes, $11.99
- Candied Bacon Pancakes: Two fluffy buttermilk pancakes loaded with crispy hickory-smoked bacon pieces, drizzled with vanilla sauce and dulce de leche caramel sauce. Topped with a slice of candied bacon and crowned with whipped topping. Served with eggs, hash browns and more, $6.99
- Maple Bacon Milkshake: A vanilla milkshake blended with sweet maple glaze & hickory-smoked bacon pieces. Crowned with whipped topping, a drizzle of maple glaze and a slice of candied bacon, $4.99
- OREO ‘N Bacon Waffle Sundae: Two OREO cookie-filled Belgian waffle quarters topped with hickory-smoked bacon pieces, more OREO cookie pieces, chocolate sauce, two scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped topping and a slice of candied bacon.
- Bacon Lovers Combo: Two Candied Bacon Pancakes, served with two slices hickory-smoked bacon and two eggs your way. Available Monday-Friday for a limited time only; price and participation may vary.
The special new bacon can also be added ala carte to breakfast combos for $1.49. 2 slices ala carte are $4.59. All prices from our local IHOP location in Salt Lake City.
Image credit, IHOP.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic Salt Lake City, and a former freelance restaurant critic. I’ve worked extensively with local, regional and national food and drink organizations. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have been writing about food and drink for more than fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I don’t mind admitting to a certain secret obsession with fast food as well – and that’s where Menu And Price comes in…