Update: we recently tasted all three of these new items and reviewed the here.
Well, looks like our own prediction was wrong! As teased a handful of days ago, not one but three new items have hit the Shake Shack menu – all with a Korean-inspiration. The trio of new items available nationwide today include:
- Korean-style Fried Chick’N Sandwich- spicy-sweet Gochujang-glazed crispy chicken breast over white kimchi slaw featuring Choi’s Kimchi and toasted sesame seeds
- Korean Gochujang Chick’N Bites – crispy, whole white meat chicken bites served with spicy-sweet Gochujang mayo sauce
- Korean Gochujang Fries – Crispy crinkle cut fries served with spicy-sweet Gochujang mayo sauce
Gochujang has been all the range in foodie circles for ears. The traditional Korean red chili sauce is used in all manner of dishes and offers a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment.
Prices at our local Shake Shack in Salt Lake City are as follows:
- Korean-style Fried Chick’N Sandwich, $7.49
- 6 pc. Korean Gochujang Chick’N Bites, $5.29
- 10 pc. Korean Gochujang Chick’N Bites, $7.49
- Korean Gochujang Fries, $3.49
So much for our Korean-style burger prediction, but hey, we don’t mind being wrong when it means so much more awesomeness on the menu!
QSR mag confirm that the chicken is the same great stuff, many know and love from Shake Shack, writing it’s the ” real, antibiotic-free white meat breast that’s always fresh—never frozen. It’s slow-cooked sous vide in a creamy buttermilk marinade. ” We will have a full review of the new trio ASAP!
Image credit, Shake Shack.