Superbowl Sunday is almost here, and with it, a range of specials are sure to popup on restaurant menus. We’re listing them all here on our Super Bowl Specials page. Anyway, the first one we’ve seen in the wild are the new Vault sandwiches from Subway. The what? The Vault is a new special menu only available via subway.com and the Subway app.
The first dishes to hit the Vault will be linkups created by famous sports star (football players in particular have been tapped for several with the game coming up). The complete line up of Vault-wiches right now include the following, descriptions courtesy of Subway:
- The Beef Mode – Angus Roast Beef, crisp hickory-smoked bacon, tangy pepper jack cheese and topped with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, black olives, spicy Jalapenos, plus yellow mustard and our smoky Baja Chipotle sauce. It’s all piled high on our fresh-baked Italian Herbs and Cheese bread, $7.79 (six inch), $11.49 (footlong), $14.49 (footlong PRO)
- The Dangerwich – Black Forest ham, pepperoni, Genoa salami, crisp bacon, and provolone. Then it’s piled even higher with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and banana peppers. We top it off with yellow mustard and mayo and serve it on our Italian Herbs & Cheese bread, $7.59 (six inch), $9.49 (footlong), $12.49 (footlong PRO)
- The Full Throttle Ham – Black Forest ham, crispy hickory-smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and yellow mustard on fresh-baked Artisan Italian, $5.19 (six inch), $8.39 (footlong), $14.19 (footlong PRO)
- The Sunshine Sub – Thin sliced oven-roasted turkey, BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella, and tomatoes piled high on our fresh-baked Hearty Multigrain. Best of all, it’s all topped off with a double scoop of our delicious, smashed avocado. It’s like a ray of sunshine on a sub, $6.99 (six inch), $11.19 (footlong), $14.19 (footlong PRO)
- The Turkey Vert – We start with a stack of thin-sliced oven-roasted turkey, then add provolone, smashed Avocado, lettuce, banana peppers, and mustard. All piled high on our fresh-baked Hearty Multigrain bread, $5.99 (six inch), $9.19 (footlong), $12.19 (footlong PRO)
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic Salt Lake City, and a former freelance restaurant critic. I’ve worked extensively with local, regional and national food and drink organizations. I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have been writing about food and drink for more than fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration and the use of big words I don’t understand. I don’t mind admitting to a certain secret obsession with fast food as well – and that’s where Menu And Price comes in…